The DevOps market size is likely to grow from $2.90 bn in 2017 to $10.31 bn by 2023, at a CAGR of 24.7% during the period 2017-2023. With the organization’s growing demand for DevOps and its services, it is highly expected to receive huge traction as the demand for quick application delivery maintains a high-quality increase. DevOps ensures that the business isn’t working in silos. It is development and operations in DevOps that unites people, processes, and technology to deliver a top-notch value to the customers.
When we talk about offshore software development, it is not that easy and similarly, DevOps is also not a cakewalk. In one of our blogs, we have listed down some major steps to consider while selecting an offshore tech development partner. To have an effective collaboration, implementing new tools and technologies is quintessential in today’s times. Let’s find out the impact of offshore development and product engineering on DevOps.
How Offshore Development Is Improving With DevOps?
We have listed down some of the major points that showcase how DevOps is impacting offshore product development in various ways and making it better.
● Better quality of the product: Quality has always remained and will remain a major requirement for any business. Having an offshore product development team with a DevOps team highly helps the development teams to maintain the quality and costs properly. Establishing a well-collaborated team assists in identifying the shortcomings easily that further enhances the quality of the product.
● Improved culture: With the leveraging of the DevOps process by offshore development teams, it can be seen that it has transformed the development culture to a great extent. The DevOps ability to collaborate and establish communication amongst the teams has driven great outcomes. And, as the offshore software development teams are more focused on establishing a good culture throughout the development process are now moving more towards DevOps.
● Well-timed software delivery: In the offshore product development process, once the analysis and design are finished, it is sent to the remote developers to code and test. With DevOps, the entire process of software product development has been transformed with effective team collaboration, as mentioned in the previous point. It also releases small software for the teams to have better visibility and feedback opportunities. With this, you can go on building quick feedback loops, quicken the testing movement of hypotheses based on the client’s requirements. As a result, it helps in delivering the software product quickly to the market.
● Removes the concept of transferring the work: Offshore software development is all about handing over the work from one team to another. But, in DevOps, nothing like this exists to what happens in offshore processes. In the DevOps process, multiple teams come together and work on multiple tasks during the software product development. Thus, reducing the delays exponentially. The offshore team while using the DevOps process can continuously collaborate throughout the software development life cycle. They can also successfully keep a track of tasks during the coding, unit testing, script building to avoid any sort of rework.
● Adoption of analytics dashboards: DevOps has helped offshore teams with the adoption of analytical dashboards that would give them better visibility into the project. Dashboards give the teams real-time updates on project status, issues, challenges, as well as prompt improvement opportunities as well. Offshore software development teams can easily resolve the issues quickly if they use these tools and could make the development process productive.
Thus, offshore development teams can manage out-of-scope and emergency requests easily with DevOps processes. As DevOps gives clarity on the project’s scope by allowing various iterations amongst the teams, the requests can be managed and fulfilled easily.
As there are certain challenges while implementing the offshore development processes, DevOps has completely transformed the process. DevOps’ impact on offshore software development is turning out to be exceptional. The approach to adopt DevOps by the offshore teams or to collaborate with the DevOps teams will continue to improve the offshore development results in the coming years.