COVID-19 has made us understand the role of healthcare software solutions and the need to invest in them. Healthcare mobility turns out to be a blessing in the COVID-19 situation, with the healthcare industry continuously facing the challenge of catering top-notch quality healthcare to the patients by following all the compulsory privacy safeguards as well.
A patient’s medical records must be transferred within the time limit to avoid delays in the patient’s health and quality of care. Thus, mobility in healthcare is associated with both the healthcare institutes and patients. It facilitates a secure and effective change of clinical data in the healthcare centers. The data exchange strictly complies with all the required industry regulations like HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). Before moving further, let’s check out the advantages of having mobility in healthcare.
The advantages of mobility in healthcare:
- Streamlines the workflow and helps with clinical collaboration.
- With timely access to the data, it serves as great help to the doctors to take timely decisions.
- Medical devices are now easily accessible to patients.
- Medical record retrieval of a patient has become easy with the introduction of devices like tablets, smartphones, and PDAs.
- With enhanced security integration and coverage, healthcare mobility has been completely transformed in terms of delivery.
As the mobility in healthcare is flourishing rapidly, let’s find out who all will be getting the most advantage out of it. Not only this, but we will also highlight the products built for healthcare mobility.
Who all will be benefited the most from healthcare mobility?
- Insurance companies
What products are built to enhance healthcare mobility?
- Mobile Applications (for Android, iOS, and Windows)
- Tablets and PC web-apps
- Scanners (RFID and Barcode)
- Enterprise Mobility Platform
- Hospital Systems
Now, moving on to the next section where we will discuss some of the technologies that can be leveraged to enhance a patient’s care.
Leverage the following technologies to improve a patient’s health
- Beacons: It is a robust and smart technology that can be used as a helper for all medical experts. With beacons, the physicians can easily analyze the patient’s medical history. Further, allowing the physicians to understand what type of medical cure is needed if the patient is allergic to anything, the patient’s blood type, and other pieces of information that are crucial for the patient’s treatment.
- Wearables: Wearable devices have turned out to be very helpful for the healthcare industry. By leveraging the wearables, the healthcare industry can track patient’s health status, manage and monitor weight control, collect heart and pulse rate, etc. The wearables are of two different types: healthcare professionals and patient care. Healthcare experts can use a wearable to track and gather information, like video recorders and gyroscopes. Whereas, patients can use it to track their own pulse rate, activities, blood pressure, etc.
- Telehealth and Telemedicine: Telemedicine is a subject of telehealth. Telemedicine offers the users with clinical support and telehealth delivers the non-clinical extension. With telemedicine, a connection with patients could be established via call/text, video calls, through computers, tablets, or mobile phones. In brief, telehealth is a combination of health as well as technology that aims to enhance the patient’s care.
- Mobile Carts: It is a combination of mobile computing carts along with electronic health records to offer better care to patients. These carts are connected internally with the patient’s and medical team’s mobile devices. This helps in establishing a more coordinated platform to discuss.
- Internet of Things (IoT): One of the important purposes is to streamline as well as automate the process to deliver agile results. Leveraging IoT in healthcare seems to be highly beneficial for the vertical, as it would take the industry a step closer to the modern as well as a technologically advanced world. IoT will help the care providers to access the patient’s clinical data. Implementing IoT at hospitals could assist in keeping a track of the stocks and understanding the medical equipment-related requirement in the hospitals.
With the effectiveness of mobile technologies, the healthcare industry has started focusing more on it and investing in it too. Mobility in healthcare streamlines the process and taking a complex decision also does not consume more time now.