Generation Z, Millennials, and Gen X spend around 16%, 18%, and 30% more time year-over-year, respectively, in their most-used apps. Since the beginning of the pandemic, a drastic change in the behavior of consumers around the world has led to re-evaluate of the business models by many organizations. As we all are adapting to the new reality, the importance of digital transformation is increasing rapidly. In today’s world, mobile phones have become crucial to survival. As the usage of mobile apps is increasing exponentially, the industry is likely to generate $156bn in consumer app spending by 2022.
The popularity of mobile apps amongst businesses and service providers is increasing rapidly. Almost every industry be it e-commerce stores and payment banks to healthcare and food delivery leverages mobile applications to establish effective communication with their prospective customers. So, before you plan to commit to mobile app development to be an important part of the digitally transforming world, it is necessary to thoroughly understand the mobile landscape. Let’s dive deep to understand the importance of mobile applications in transforming the digital world.
Mobile Apps In Digital World
Big organizations can have both the site as well as the application. But, when it comes to startups and small businesses, they usually have to pick one. Sometimes, organizations neglect the advantage of having a mobile application. In this blog, we will pin down the benefits of having mobile apps and their importance in businesses.
1. Better brand recognition: A mobile app for your business increases the chances of having a powerful platform to have a brand image, voice, and brand involvement. Having a dedicated mobile app assists in promoting the brand image with the help of mobile app marketing. It strengthens your brand’s voice with a well-organized interface and improves customer loyalty.
2. Get a competitive edge: In today’s world, almost all your competitors have a mobile application that helps them to have a competitive edge. To stay ahead of the competition, have a seamless and user-friendly mobile application. Try to incorporate the recent trending features in the app to offer a better user experience.
3. Easy to use for customers: Mobile apps are considered quite user-friendly because of the structure that it has and their easy user experience. Having a mobile app is highly significant for any business to build a platform for customers to interact and get all the resources at the custom portable application.
4. AI in mobile apps: Many organizations have started leveraging AI to build mobile apps. AI technologies like Natural Language Generation, Natural Language Processing, Speech Recognition, Machine Learning, ChatBots are being highly used to give a better user experience to the customers. The AI in mobile apps is used to build better and smarter apps to help secure the customers in a better way.
5. IoT connecting the world: IoT is not just limited to displaying products, for information sharing or giving customer support, but it is being leveraged by mobile apps to serve the customers in a better and different way. IoT mobile applications are quite successful in making human life comfortable and helping businesses grow.
6. Convenient and secured payment process: The method of payments has transformed from cash to credit cards and now the popularity of paying via smartphones is increasing quickly. Nowadays, people carrying huge amounts of cash are hardly seen. People have quickly adapted and upgraded themselves by using virtual wallets to make any type of financial transaction.
7. Time-saving: As compared to websites, mobile apps require less effort and loads faster. This in turn saves time and there is a provision through which many features in the app can be accused when the user is offline. Whereas, mobile websites do not offer any such feature.
Thus, businesses need to utilize apps creatively to have a competitive edge. For a few industries, mobile apps can be a little new concept, but if you look at its future projection, it will be dominant. It is high time that organizations understand that customers prefer apps due to the convenience it has to offer. This being a reason, tech companies are highly investing in mobile app development. Leverage new technologies like AI and IoT and experience business growth along with customer satisfaction.