Technology in today’s times is evolving quickly, thus, enabling rapid change and high progress. This is the result that is leading to an accelerated rate of change in the technology world. According to a report, latest technology trends show the digital market size is likely to grow from $521.5bn in 2021 to $1247.5bn by 2026 at a CAGR of 19.1%.
It is not just the technology that is changing, even the world after the outbreak of the COVID pandemic has seen an immense change in the world. The IT professionals have realized the dynamics of changing technology, needs, and their roles in the pandemic hitten world. They are constantly learning, unlearning, and evolving based on the requirements to keep up with the changing times. Technology has significantly helped us to get through the pandemic and continues to redesign the way we work, live, and interact. It is crucial to keep a close watch on the emerging technology trends in 2022 to stay ahead of the competition.
Top Technology Trends 2022
Let’s check out some of the top technology trends that can rule the coming year 2022 and impact the growth of technology in the world.
1. Robotic Process Automation (RPA): Just like AI and ML, RPA is another technology that will assist in automating jobs, business processes like interpreting applications, transactions processing, and data handling.RPA technology will reduce the burden of doing the repetitive jobs done by people by automating them. It also offers great career opportunities that would include developers, project managers, business analysts, solution architects, and consultant roles. According to a report, the global RPA market is likely to reach $7.64bn by 2028 at a CAGR of 25% from 2021 to 2028.
2. Edge Computing: With major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud platforms dominating the market, cloud computing is becoming the mainstream. Cloud computing’s adoption continues to grow with the businesses migrating to the cloud solution. Edge computing is becoming a growing technology nowadays. With the increase in the data quantity, organizations are now shifting to edge computing to overcome the latency-related issues and get the data for processing to the data center. This new technology is expected to grow, creating numerous job opportunities for software engineers. Based on research, the edge computing market is likely to grow from $36.5bn in 2021 to $87.3bn by 2026, at a CAGR of 19.0%.
3. Quantum Computing: Next technology that can see remarkable growth in the coming year is quantum computing. It is a type of computing that takes the advantage of quantum phenomena such as superposition and quantum entanglement. Quantum computing technology is capable of querying easily, monitoring, analyzing, and acting on the data, irrespective of the source. The use cases of this technology can be seen in banking and finance that manages credit risk, for any high-frequency trading and fraud detection. According to a report, the quantum computing market is most likely to reach $1.76bn by 2026 at a CAGR of 30.2% during the period 2021-2026.
4. Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: The next exceptional technology that can make a great impact in 2022 is virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). VR is known to involve the user in an environment completely whereas AR usually works in enhancing that environment. This technology is mostly used by the gaming industry as of now, it has also been used by other sectors gradually. In 2022, VR and AR technology can be seen integrated more and more into our lives. It has great potential in the training, entertainment, education, and marketing sectors. According to research, the augmented and virtual reality market size is most likely to reach $454.7bn by 2030, at a CAGR of 40.7%.
5. Internet of Things (IoT): Several things are now being developed with Wifi connectivity or that can be connected to the internet as well as to each other. The Internet of Things is the new future, it has already empowered devices, home appliances, cars, and other things to remain connected and exchange data with the help of the internet. Its use cases can be seen from locking the doors remotely to tracking our fitness on the Fitbits, it is being utilized in various sectors already. It seems like we are at the initial stages of this new technology trend. The growing demand for IoT can lead the global IoT market to grow from $381.3bn in 2021 to $1854.7bn in 2028, at a CAGR of 25.4% based on a report.
As technologies are constantly evolving and emerging all around the world, it is very important to keep a close watch on the top evolving technologies. To give your business promising growth and reshape the careers of IT professionals, you should not neglect the technologies that have the potential to positively rule the world. So, there is a lot to focus on in the coming year and adopt the technologies based on your requirements. As technologies are constantly evolving and emerging all around the world, it is very important to keep a close watch on the top evolving technology trends. To give your business promising growth and reshape the careers of IT professionals, you should not neglect the technologies that have the potential to positively rule the world. So, there is a lot to focus on in the coming year and adopt the technologies based on your requirements.